- 2017 Primary Membership for Realtor Application
- 2017 Primary Membership Designated Realtor (Managing Broker) Application
- 2017 Secondary Membership for Realtor/Agent Application
- 2017 Secondary Membership for Designated Realtor/Agent Application
The core purpose of the National Association of REALTORS®, Florida Association of REALTORS® and Bonita Springs Estero Association of REALTORS® is to inform, assist and educate members, to favorably promote the real estate industry, and protect private property rights.
Exclusive use of the term REALTOR®
The term REALTOR® is a registered trademark that can only be used by members of the National Association of REALTORS®.
Full Time Staff / Association Leadership
- B.E.A.R. is a smaller version of the FR Hotline and NAR Information Central.
- B.E.A.R. employs a full time Association Executive, Membership Services Coordinator, MLS Coordinator, Education Coordinator, and a Social Media Coordinator/Communications Coordinator who are all knowledgeable and professional.
- B.E.A.R. has 4 officers/5 directors, elected by its REALTOR® members to set policies that mold and drive the association.
- B.E.A.R. has an Association Attorney who protects the interests of the Association.
- B.E.A.R. has a volunteer RPAC/Legislative Chair whose primary duty is to follow local issues affecting the housing industry in Lee and Collier Counties.
Electronic Lockbox System – www.supraekey.com or 877-699-6787
- B.E.A.R. provides members with an electronic lockbox system at a discount rate for greater security and accountability.
- B.E.A.R. allows you to choose your method of entry to the lockbox by ekey or display key.
- B.E.A.R. does not tie your lockbox to membership at B.E.A.R.. You can be a B.E.A.R. Supra user independent of your Board affiliation.
Real Estate Forms / Tech Help
- B.E.A.R. members can access Form Simplicity through FR at www.formsimplicity.com.
- FR supplies free IT support for forms and other issues 407-587-1450.
Government Relations / Lobbying
- Professional lobbying representation on local, state and national legislative matters by knowledgeable staff and volunteers advocating for REALTOR interests.
- Up-to-date information and legislative alerts on regulatory and judicial rulings affecting the real estate industry.
- Lobbying efforts supported by RPAC on the members behalf help to protect the housing industry from over-regulation and increase annual income potential by protecting your real estate business interests.
Education and Professional Development
- B.E.A.R. provides members with opportunities for professional growth in multiple ways with discount rates on pertinent and timely topics that meet FREC CE requirements for licensing renewal.
- Opportunities to pursue designations locally, i.e. GRI, ABR, etc.
- YPN sponsored education for young professionals just getting started.
- B.E.A.R.’s Affiliate Committee and YPN Committee plan many events that give back to the community from which REALTORS derive their livelihood.
Grievance, Arbitration, Mediation, and Ombudsman Services
- B.E.A.R. maintains standing committees for Grievance and Professional Standards processing of complaints from the public or between REALTORS®. B.E.A.R. staff members are trained to assist the committee members and B.E.A.R. requires all committee members to attend an annual class on Professional Standards administration to insure quality services.
- B.E.A.R. offers monthly classes on the Code of Ethics to promote and maintain high ethical conduct within the Real Estate community.
- Ombudsman Services to allow the public and our members to speak confidentially with a trained REALTOR® to help address issues arising out of rentals, sales, listings etc.
- Mediation Services to bring Brokers together in a more informal setting than the Professional Standards Hearing Panel to address issues arising out of commission disputes.
Member Services and Communication
- B.E.A.R. staff prepares a weekly update to keep the membership informed of events, education opportunities, and networking events that are important to our members.
- FR sends out daily updates of important news events that affect our members locally, statewide and nationally.
- NAR and FR provide Realtor Party Calls to Action that are very important in addressing REALTOR® issues at the national and state level.
- FR maintains a tech line and a legal hotline to help agents through issues that arise from time to time.
- Participation on committees – member input is solicited and incorporated into program changes with committees that meet throughout the year.
- Social events such as the Annual Golf Tournament, Membership Breakfast meetings, YPN gatherings, and Affiliate sponsored get-togethers at our local establishments.
- New Member Orientation held monthly.
Why B.E.A.R. MLS? (.65 PER DAY)
B.E.A.R. was one of the original associations spearheading a data share MLS between Naples MLS, Ft. Myers MLS, and Cape Coral MLS. In August of 2013, B.E.A.R. and these three MLS companies joined together to use the MATRIX MLS platform and to share all data with our members, thereby saving our member brokers and agents from having to pay fees to multiple MLS companies.
B.E.A.R. offers the full service MATRIX as well as:
- iMapp – Best tool to evaluate how a distressed property affects other properties around it.
- RPR – Real Property Resource – This tool offers the agent a very easy and visually pleasing Comp format to help with listing appointments and addressing the true value of a property.
- Realist – A Corelogic tax information tool.
- CSS Scheduler – Seamless web based showing services.
- B.E.A.R. Agent Analytics – run meaningful reports you can send to clients about your market.
- Builder’s Update – The number one source of new home inventory in the nation. A patented system grants builders and vendors the exclusive visibility to agents they have been asking for and REALTORS need to compete in new construction sales.
- Matrix, iMapp, and RPR classes each week (small and personal) with a One on One session available for scheduling to help those who need the extra time and attention.
Why Be A B.E.A.R. MLS Broker?
- B.E.A.R. MLS Broker reports available about brokerage and agent productivity within the B.E.A.R. MLS and the SWFLAMLS as a whole.
- Golden B.E.A.R. MLS Sales Award – Broker subscribers of B.E.A.R. MLS qualify their B.E.A.R. MLS user agents to apply for the Golden B.E.A.R.
- IDX – We offer excellent prices to all vendors, in house and hired, offering tools to you and your agents for websites offering a searchable MLS component.
MLS Membership Information
- SWFLA MLS (MATRIX) Individual Agent Application
- SWFLA MLS (MATRIX) Office Application
- SWFLA Administrative Assistant Application
- SWFLA Agent Assistant Application
- Change of Status Form
Participation in the Bonita Springs-Estero Association of REALTORS is available to real estate agents with valid real estate licenses and whose Broker has joined as an office. Certified appraisers may also be able to participate in the MLS of Bonita Springs-Estero.
The Multiple Listing Service of Bonita Springs-Estero, Inc. provides a large array of services to our Members, including:
- A shared ownership service serving Southwest Florida with 4,000+ Member Real Estate Agents.
- Detailed property searches on residential, lot, land, and boat docks
- 24 hour market watch
- Public records search
- Hot sheet reports
- CMA/Prospecting reports
- Google Mapping search
- Links to Forms Simplicity, MLS Advantage and iMAPP
- Full sold history files on Collier and South Lee County for many years
Real Property Resources
- A compiled database owned and provided by the National Association of REALTORS®,Chicago, Illinois.
- Exclusive online real estate library
- Over 147 million property records built from public record and assessment information
- Available exclusively to REALTORS®
- Layers of data such as zoning, permits, mortgage and lien data
- Offers reports and analytical tools to help you turn data into genuine market insight
- Multiple Listing Services Training Programs
B.E.A.R Training Programs
- Matrix Classes
- Matrix Searching & My Matrix Set-Up
- Matrix Listing Input & CMA Preparation
- Matrix Client Portal & Auto e-Mails
- Matrix for Advanced Users
- Matrix Private Tutoring
- CMA & Prospecting Training
- Real Property Resources Demos and Training
- Listing Book Classes
- Realist® Training
- MLS Billing Information
Your MLS fee invoices are e-mailed to you in June and December. They are due in this office by July 1 and January 1. It is important to keep your on file e-mail address up to date with us so invoices do not get lost or go to spam. Late fees are incurred if you have not paid by the due date and your service will be interrupted if you are not fully paid (dues and late fee) within the period of time as stated on your invoice. If your services are interrupted you will pay a reinstatement fee of $50.00.
MLS Violation Fines: Our procedure for identifying violations, the time allowed to resolve and the fines associated with violations are detailed in the MLS Fining Procedure document.
Four Great Reasons to Affiliate with REALTORS®
- The Real Estate Industry accounted for $148,130 million, or 19.8%, of the Gross State Product in 2012.*
- When a Home is Sold in Florida, income generated from real estate related industries is: $12,996*
- Additional expenditure on consumer items such as on furniture, appliances, and remodeling is: $4,429*
- It generates economic multiplier impact. There is a greater spending at restaurants, sports games, and charity events. The size of this “multiplier” effect is estimated to be: $8,364*
*Sources: Bureau of Economic Analysis; NAR; NAHB Macroeconomic Advisors, Census
And if those reasons weren’t enough! B.E.A.R. has Over 800 More Reasons to be an Affiliate Member, check out these:
- Build Business Relationships
- Quick way to meet other members and network
- Participate in fund raising events for the community
- Sponsorship opportunities to promote your business
- Business card display in our office information center
- Participation in our welcome package for new members
- Ability to sponsor the Orientation breakfasts and/or lunches for our new members which gives you the opportunity to speak to the group and promote your business
- One free set of REALTOR® and Affiliate member mailing labels at the time of membership approval
- Discounted rates on updated member labels whenever you want them
- Participation in Board Committees and Project Teams
- Free listing of your company name and contact information in the Affiliate section on the B.E.A.R.’s website at www.BonitaEsteroRealtors.com
- Attendance at monthly breakfast meetings that offers networking opportunities and allows you to meet other members (some restrictions may apply due to capacity of facility)
- Invitations to attend and/or sponsor Board activities like the Golf Tournament, “After Hours” events and annual banquet at Member rates
- Eligible to win an “…Of The Year” award given annually. Also, you may vote in the annual “…Of The Year” awards selection
- Free distribution of your marketing materials to new REALTORS® at our monthly orientation and training meetings
- Opportunity to be one of the elected Affiliate members to sit on the B.E.A.R. Board of Directors